For those of you who are interested in a Bristol County arrest warrant search, there is certainly no dearth of options. To begin with, you should visit the office of the sheriff. This agency is responsible not just for the execution of active warrants from MA but also their issue.
The police file the petition in court in response to which arrest warrants are issued. The preparation of these declarations take real effort on the part of law enforcement as they need to bring to light all the evidence collected in a criminal case. Witness testimony may also be needed to push things further and prove to the magistrate that the police indeed have probable cause to suspect the involvement of the accused in the said crime.
The role of the judiciary in the process of issuing active warrants from Bristol County is also irrefutable. The sitting judge plays an authoritative role and deliberates on the information set forth by the sheriff’s department, essentially deciding on whether to issue warrants for arrests or not. The clerk of court also has his own distinctive portfolio is the entire process.
The county clerk is the keeper of the court dockets database and hence collecting information about cases that have to be included in this repository is left to the deputies of this agency. As such, all these departments have information on arrest records as well as outstanding warrants from Bristol. So, any of these departments can work as the ‘go to’ point for data on criminal history.
- The office of the sheriff: 400 Faunce Corner Rd, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts 02747
- The court of the magistrate: 441 County St, New Bedford, MA 02740
- The department of the county clerk: 441 North, Main Street, Fall River, Massachusetts 02722
How do you get information about Bristol County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- To access the report of an event handled by the police ( arrests and accidents), call 508-995-1311.
- For questions about active warrants, call508-222-5900/508-999-9700/508-491-3200.
- To inquire about recent arrests, call (508) 995-6400.
- For victim’s assistance and advocacy, call 508-823-8801.
- To access judicial records, call 508-491-3300/508-823-6588.
The Bristol County, MA sheriff office receives almost 15000 complaints on an annual basis. Of these incidents, almost 2500 cases are filed against violent crimes including rape and homicide. There has also been a significant increase in the figures of this crime category, with annual figures reaching 40% higher than that of previous years.