While the office of local law enforcement is generally approached for an arrest warrant search in Hampden County, MA, you can also connect with the department of the clerk of court when in need of information on active warrants issued in the area. The police are in charge of all criminal investigations and handling the offenders after their arrests.
They are also known to place the request for the release of detention and appearance directives including active warrants and summons. Similarly, the office of the county clerk has its own definitive role to play in the judicial makeup. This department maintains the court dockets database and acts as the official record bearer of the judiciary.
Another agency to consider when looking for arrest records and outstanding warrants from Hampden County is the office of the magistrate. After all, this is the apex body when it comes to the issue of arrest warrants. No judicial order can be passed unless it has the magistrate’s seal of approval.
So, if you are looking for a warrant search in Hampden, you can approach any of these agencies. In fact, if you do have some on your hands and would like a comprehensive response, you should try all three departments. Like the sheriff’s office which offers details on the most wanted criminals in the area, the office of the county clerk can provide information on civil cases and the judge’s chamber will furnish details on the release of other judicial processes. These agencies work out of:
- The police: 627 Randall Rd, Ludlow, Massachusetts 01056
- The county clerk: PO Box 559, Springfield, Massachusetts 01103
- The court of the magistrate: 50 State Street, Springfield, MA 01102
Is it possible to acquire information from Hampden County on recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- In order to do a warrant search, call the judiciary at 413-748-8600.
- In order to learn about arrests, contact the Hampden County Jail at 413-547-8000.
- In order to request an arrest report or local criminal background check, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 413-858-0000/413-781-2050.
- In order to connect with Victim/Witness Services, contact the Victim’s Advocate at 413-747-1000.
- In order to request certified copies of judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 413-735-6016.
With almost 21,500 criminal complaints received by the Hampden County police annually, the residents of this area have enough to worry about. To add to their concerns, nearly 18% of the incidents reported are violent. Fortunately, the police have been able to cap the unchecked growth in the crime rates and bring down the figures of violent crime by almost 80% and those of reported crime down by nearly 40%.